- 80+ .gov SSL/TLS Certificates have expired during the shutdown Hashed Out by The SSL Store™
- US government shutdown leaves websites insecure BusinessGhana
- Shutdown: Government sites with lapsed security certificates pose risk CNET
- Government shutdown threatens US cyber security The Telegraph
- Shutdown: Dot-gov websites vulnerable to cyberattacks, certificates expiring amid funding pause Boing Boing
- View full coverage on Google News
Since the start of the US government shutdown over 80 SSL/TLS certificates have expired, making many government sites unreachable.
The ongoing US government shutdown is leaving dozens of official websites insecure or inaccessible. Affected...
The federal closure seems to have led to expired certificates, and without them, hackers can get between you and the website you're visiting.
The US government shutdown is threatening the security of dozens of US government websites as no staff are around to maintain or update them, a report has found.
“With around 400,000 federal employees currently furloughed, more than 80 TLS certificates used by .gov websites have so far expired without being renewed.”